SelfUnfocused

Coming to terms with being human.

7.27.2008

CNN

I'm glad I don't pay for cable.

I just watched a few purported news clips from CNN.com. How the mighty have fallen. Back in the mid-ninetys, when I was an intelligence analyst, CNN was my informative wallpaper. We kept it on 24/7. Why? Because it kept us informed, the commentary was useful, and there was nothing else like it. Well, Fox News started getting crazy ratings by entertaining instead of informing and CNN sure jumped on that bandwagon (have any of you ever seen an actual bandwagon?).

So tv news is crap, newspapers are useless, and vote weighted sites like Newsvine.com are so overran by the frivolous that finding anything pertinent is an hour long event. Somebody freeze me and wake me up in twenty years when this is all straightened out...or when cars drive themselves. Whichever comes first.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:47 PM , Blogger Kyle said...

    Don't forget: t-shirts!

     
  • At 4:06 PM , Blogger Christy said...

    I hope self-driving cars come first! Because I'm selfish and hate driving. If I were suddenly rich the first thing I'd buy would be a driver.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home