SelfUnfocused

Coming to terms with being human.

5.22.2008

It Seems I'm a Hit in the Netherlands

A few weeks back I was hanging out with two lovely girls who were visiting from Holland. They noticed that I own a book on speaking Dutch, one which I have neglected to use. The video camera came out and film of my attempts to speak Dutch now exist.
Oh, you didn't see the video? Maybe Greg has it. He
copied some pictures from our cameras. If he doesn't
have it, I will try to send it to you.
It's so funny. especially for people who speak dutch.
I'm a good laugh in the Motherland.

In other news...
Bruce Schneier of Wired has issued a call for a Data Privacy Bill of Rights. I think the idea has some merit. This is the sort of thing that interests me and an active campaign to bring a concept like this to fruition would get my attention. I'm going to have to formulate a stronger opinion over the summer so I'm ready for the revolution.

I've also noticed that Naomi Klein, who I'll always love for No Logo, has written an article about the high tech end of the Chinese police state. I haven't made it all the way through yet, but it looks like a worthwhile read. It has implications for the States, since the contractors that have developed the various technologies of oppression are from the U.S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home